CollabNet TeamForge 5.4 New Functionality
CollabNet is proud to announce the release of TeamForge 5.4, focusing on enhancements in several key areas:
Enhanced Dynamic Planning
Agile planning is even easier with the TeamForge platform's enhanced tracker and planning folder functionality to help your team better understand the purpose, state, and capacity for any planning folder and to better estimate and prioritize work. With the enhanced dynamic planning features in CollabNet TeamForge 5.4, you can:
- Set a status on planning folders
- Set and measure folder capacity
- Tie a planning folder to a release
- Export artifacts within a planning folder
- View only active folders
- Add story points to tracker artifacts
- Sequence artifacts at any level of the planning
Dashboarding of Key Agile Metrics
Graphical reports such as burndown charts and the number of open vs. closed artifacts allow you to assess progress and estimated completion time at any planning folder level. Now, with the TeamForge platform, version 5.4, those same graphical reports can be embedded into project pages, providing your entire team with complete visibility of project progress from a single view.
Improvements in Personalization and Configuration
The TeamForge platform, version 5.4, introduces user interface enhancements that apply to both the tracker and planning folder list artifacts view. Personalization options make it easier for you to define and save your own view of data. You can:
- Sort tracker columns
- Prioritize your sort according to primary secondary, and tertiary levels of importance
- Easily configure columns and save personal column settings
- Set saved column settings to be your default view (a project administrator can also establish a default view for the entire team)
Subversion Edge Server Discovery
The TeamForge platform now features a server discovery function. Simply click on the "Discover CollabNet Subversion Servers" button to locate Subversion Edge servers and integrate them with the TeamForge platform.
SCM or ALM: Choose the Option that's Right for You
In the TeamForge platform, version 5.4, you can choose between two different licensing options, either at the entire site level, or on a per user basis.
- Need basic source code management? SCM option combines enterprise level Subversion source code management with collaboration tools.
- Looking for a robust development solution? The ALM option provides the full set of TeamForge tools, including Trackers, Documents, Tasks, and Reports, along with the source code and collaboration capabilities of SCM.
Compare SCM and ALM Features
Integration with ScrumWorks Pro 4.4
The TeamForge platform now integrates with CollabNet ScrumWorks Pro, offering you even more flexibility. ScrumWorks Pro provides best-in-class Agile project management capabilities for the enterprise, allowing you to manage multiple teams working from a single backlog and offering advanced program management for releases and backlog items that span multiple projects. Together, the integrated TeamForge and ScrumWorks Pro solution provide unrivaled Agile program and project management for complex organizations and complete visibility and traceability of all development efforts performed to implement the Agile plan.
Learn more about CollabNet TeamForge to ScrumWorks Pro Integration
New Integrated Application Framework
The TeamForge platform, version 5.4, includes the 1.0 release of a new Integrated Application Framework (IAF). This framework introduces the ability to associate a TeamForge object with an object in the integrated application. CollabNet would like your feedback about IAF to help determine future framework enhancements. Note: Since this is the first release of the integrated application framework, APIs are subject to change.
Participate in the Integrated Application Framework Project